Stuck with a difficult assignment? No time to get your paper done? Feeling confused? If you’re looking for reliable and timely help for assignments, you’ve come to the right place. We promise 100% original, plagiarism-free papers custom-written for you. Yes, we write every assignment from scratch and it’s solely custom-made for you.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Week 6 Assignment
Application: Synthesizing Information and Criminal Justice
Your loved one needs treatment for a medical condition. Are you more
likely to utilize a medical protocol described in a leading medical
journal, or a product from an infomercial? Even during the process of
tracking down resources on a particular topic you may evaluate
resources with varying levels of quality.
Once you find good resources, you also need to get to the point, by
synthesizing information, extracting only the key points of each source
without losing any of the key information. Tracking down information
and summarizing it might be frustrating at first, but with practice it
becomes easier and constitutes a valuable tool that can be used in
virtually every aspect of the criminal justice system.
For this Assignment, consider resources used in criminal justice. In
addition, focus on how to paraphrase from a resource without
plagiarizing. Examine the different types of information sources in
addition to summarization resources that are available when you begin to
research a particular topic. Select 5 interrelated resources that
pertain to your area of interest in the field of criminal justice.
The Assignment (2–3 pages)
- Explain the area of criminal justice in which you are interested
- Provide a synthesis of the 5 resources you selected
- Be sure to use proper APA formatting
- Explain how you might use your resource synthesis in the area of Criminal Justice in which you are interested
By Day 7, submit your Assignment.
Week 6 Learning Resources
This page contains the Learning Resources for this week. Be sure to
scroll down the page to see all of this week’s assigned Learning
- Johnson, W. A., Rettig, R. P., Scott, G. M., & Garrison, S. M. (2015). The criminal justice student writer’s manual (6th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson.
- Chapter 6 “Organizing the Research Process”
- Chapter 7 “Information Sources”
Please proceed to the Discussion.