Stuck with a difficult assignment? No time to get your paper done? Feeling confused? If you’re looking for reliable and timely help for assignments, you’ve come to the right place. We promise 100% original, plagiarism-free papers custom-written for you. Yes, we write every assignment from scratch and it’s solely custom-made for you.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Information in society is not always presented from the viewpoint of all. Often, social theorists argue that societal messages extend from a racially white and male gendered viewpoint. Through the research of these theorists we gain perspective and knowledge of different races, ethnicities, genders, and cultures. In Section Four of Social Theory Re-Wired – “Shifting the Paradigm: Excluded Standpoints, Alternative Knowledges” – you are offered several classical and contemporary readings. Choose one of the readings in this section as the basis of your two- to three-page journal paper. The purpose of the journal paper is to allow you to personally reflect on and present your experience of the reading.
In your journal paper, reflect on and present the following:
- What do you think the reading tells us about society in general and the experience of the social group covered in the research in particular (e.g., women or those of different races or ethnicities)?
- What two to three points made by the social theorist did you find most interesting?
- In your own experience of living in society, can you relate to the points made by the theorist in your chosen reading?
- How has the reading of the work of this theorist changed your perspective on the social group covered in the reading (e.g., women or those of different races or ethnicities)?
- How has the reading enhanced your future experience of a diverse society and your study of Sociology?
(Please note: Do not choose a reading that is covered in an assignment or a discussion for the week. Please choose a different reading from the text book Section for the week for your Journal reflections.)
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.