2 pages (reference assignment details)
Differentiate between various kinds of performance appraisal programs
Describe the role of compensation and its influence on employee behavior
StopNShopToday, Inc. has had difficulty motivating and retaining key cashiers and wants to provide an incentive to them that will generate improvement in several critical areas of store cashier performance, which include the following:
- Increasing total sales revenue
- Reducing inventory losses and theft
- Improving overall customer service and satisfaction
- Improving store cleanliness and housekeeping
- Improving attendance and reducing unscheduled absences
Several stores have poor overall sales volume and ongoing chaos because of the staff taking unscheduled absences. Others have issues with inventory and theft. All the stores want to address cleanliness and customer satisfaction problems.
Overall, officials with the company feel they can commit no more than an additional $200 per employee per year as an individual incentive and no more than $500 per year for the same store or corporate incentives.
- You will select one of the critical areas of store cashier performance improvement (listed above), and recommend three components to be included in an individual incentive program for the cashiers. Use information from the Internet research you have done to aid in your understanding of cashiersâ€™ tasks and work values. Tie your ideas to a contemporary motivational theory.
- Discuss how you might incorporate the ideas you have generated regarding individual incentives.
- Next, discuss store- or corporation-wide incentives.
- Generate a recommendation for 2 possible avenues of same-store incentives and 2 possible avenues for corporation-wide incentives.
- Present these recommendations in the form of a recommendation to Morry and Mo Gassup, owners of StopNShopToday Inc.