Stuck with a difficult assignment? No time to get your paper done? Feeling confused? If you’re looking for reliable and timely help for assignments, you’ve come to the right place. We promise 100% original, plagiarism-free papers custom-written for you. Yes, we write every assignment from scratch and it’s solely custom-made for you.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
This assignment consists of two (2) sections: a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and a summary document. You must submit the two (2) sections as separate files for the completion of this assignment. Label each file name according to the section of the assignment it is written for.
As the IT Project Manager, you have been assigned a project to deploy ten (10) wireless access points in your companyâ€™s warehouse and break room within the next ninety (90) days. You are free to make assumptions that satisfy the scope of the project such as training, wiring, consulting efforts, etc.
Your submission will also be graded on the accuracy of your work package assumptions and duration estimates.
Section 1: Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
Required Format (MS Project File)
- Use Microsoft Project or Open Project (.mpp format) to create a WBS in which you:
- Create 15 or more decomposed work packages into 4 levels that are assigned to 5 or more main tasks (75 line items).
- Ensure the main WBS tasks headings are the 5 PMBOKÂ® process areas.
- Create a Work Breakdown Structure Code for each task.
- Determine an overall project duration and duration estimates for each of the tasks. The duration is not to exceed 90 days.
- Create accurate work package assumptions and duration estimates.
Section 1 of your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Microsoft Project or its open source alternative in .mpp format.
Section 2: Summary Document
Required Format (MS Word File)
- Use Microsoft Word to write a one (1) page summary in which you:
- Summarize how this activity improves the chances of your future IT project being a success.
- Use at least three (3) quality resource in this assignment with URL’s for verification. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Section 2 of your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Identify how project management improves the success of information technology projects.
- Explain the relationship of the scope of a project to the work breakdown structure.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in IT project management.
- Write clearly and concisely about issues in IT project management using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.