This assignment will require you to take an in-depth look at specific adversarial techniques listed within the ATT&CK Techniques Matrix, which can be found via the following webpage: https://attack.mitre.org/wiki/Technique_Matrix
Please select two (2) techniques from the matrix and, in your own words, write a 1 page summary for each technique that, at a minimum, contains the following information:
- Name of the technique (e.g. Web Shell, DLL Side-Loading)
- Indicate what tactic the technique maps back to (e.g. Defense Evasion)
- Brief description (1-2 paragraphs) of what the technique entails
- Provide practical examples of which cyber threat actors have previously leveraged this technique (e.g. OilRig, Dragonfly)
- List out as many mitigation and/or detection controls as possible
You are encouraged to perform additional open source research on the techniques you choose in order to provide further context than what is available on the MITRE website. Please provide a list of all external sources (URLs are sufficient) on the last page of your report.
Your submission should be written in 12 point font, single-spaced with 1 inch margins.