Select one of the due process hearing decisions from this week’s Arizona Department of Education reading.
In 750-1,000-words, summarize the following components related to the case:
- The argument from each side of the case specific to assessment, eligibility, and/or placement with a continuum of services.
- The supporting evidence each side presented.
- The ruling.
- The law that was used to support the ruling.
Conclude by stating whether you agree or disagree with the decision made and justify your position, citing specifics from the case. Support your findings with a minimum of two scholarly resources.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA format & Free of plagiarism.
1. Arizona Department of Education Dispute Resolution
Read “Arizona Department of Education Dispute Resolution,” available from the Arizona Department of Education.
2. IDEA Special Education Due Process Complaints/ Hearing Requests
Read “IDEA Special Education Due Process Complaints/ Hearing Requests,” available on the Direction Service website.
3. Special Education: Due Process
Explore the Special Education: Due Process resources, available on the Arizona Department of Education website. Read “Due Process Level 1 Decisions- FY 14” and “Due Process Level Decisions- FY 15.”
4. Special Education: Resources & Links
Explore “Special Education: Resources & Links,” available on the Arizona Department of Education website.