For this assignment you will write a 5-7 page (double spaced) literature review.
You are going to write a small-scale or what is also called a selective literature review.
I have the 6 sources and outline to use attached to this document
Use the 6 sources you cited in your annotated bibliography.
Refer to the Purdue OWL website for an example:
(You may need to copy and paste the URL above into your web browser).
Please follow this outline for your review:
- define or identify the general topic, issue, or area of concern
- point out overall trends in what has been published
- establish your point of view—include your research question here
- group research studies and other relevant literature according to a common theme (for example, you may find prevailing theories in your research and can use those as sections, or categories, in the body)
- summarize each item of the literature appropriately
- compare and evaluate each item
- provide topic sentences at the beginning of paragraph and summary sentences at the end of sections to help the reader understand what the main issues are
- summarize the literature maintaining the focus presented in your introduction
- evaluate the current state by pointing out gaps in the literature, inconsistences and issues that are important for future study
- conclude by giving som insight into the relationship between your topic and a larger area of study or professional practice
- Your literature review must be 5-7 pages in length (not including your References page), double-spaced, using Times New Roman 12 point font.
- References should be listed on a separate piece of paper following the review, cited in APA format and alphabetized.
- Use in-text (parenthetical) citations throughout the body of your literature review; use APA formatting for in-text citations.
If you have an early draft, consider contacting the Online Writing Community’s professional tutors for an “extra read.”