Using Microsoft PowerPoint, create a timeline, beginning in the 1960s, to demonstrate the specific changes that led to todayâ€™s paradigm of local policing. The timeline should include the following:
- A description of the significant changes that occurred in local policing strategy, including the years in which these developments took place.
- A description of crime conditions that led to such changes.
- An explanation of other factors that increased the perceived need for those changes in law enforcement strategy. For instance, the cultural workforce, technology, social issues, etc.
- An analysis of how the present state of police and law enforcement will impact the future of law enforcement. In what ways do you think community policing can be made more effective?
- What other changes are required in law enforcement to prevent and reduce crime?
- In what ways do you predict policing will change in the near future? Support your prediction.