The International Brotherhood of Teamsters is one of the largest labor unions in the world. Having such a large and diverse organization poses challenges for the organizational structure of the Teamsters. The organizational structure must be designed so that all of the union members are served equally according to their membership within the organization. The Teamstersâ€™ organizational structure must be able to serve its independent members as well as its largest company, the United Parcel Service.
Write a 500-word paper that explains how the administration and the membership of the Teamsters Union are organized. Conclude your paper by offering your opinion of how the union organization enables it to serve its members effectively and defend your opinion.
The goal of this assignment is to describe the organizational structure of the Teamsters and to analyze how the structure is effective in serving the union membersâ€™ needs.
1. Type your paper in a standard, 12-point font. Use a standard document format with 1-inch margins and dou- ble-spacing. (Donâ€™t use any fancy or cursive fonts.)
2. Include the following information at the top of your paper: a. Name and address
b. Student number
3. Read the assignment carefully and address the topic or issues presented.
4. Be specific. Limit your submission to the topic or issues mentioned.
5. Include a reference page that lists Web sites, journals, or any other references used in preparing the submission.
6. Proofread your work carefully. Check for correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization.
Your project will be based on the following criteria:
Written communication Format
70 points 20 points 10 points 100 points
Hereâ€™s a brief explanation of each of these points.
Provides a clear discussion of the assigned topic or issue and addresses the subject in complete sentences, not just simple yes-or-no statements
Supports his or her opinion by citing specific information from the assigned Web sites and any other references used.
Stays focused on the assigned issues
Writes in his or her own words and uses quotation marks to indicate direct quotations
Includes an introductory paragraph, a text body, and a concluding paragraph
Uses correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure
Provides clear organization by using words like first, however, on the other hand, and so on, consequently, since, next, and when
Makes sure the paper contains no typographical errors Format
The paper is double-spaced and typed in 12-point font. It includes the studentâ€™s:
Name and address