Create a professional development PowerPoint presentation focused on how theories, principles, and evidence-based best practices related to perception, consciousness, and attention can be applied in the context of the professional specialty you aspire to.As a professional psychologist, you will need to review theory and research and use it as the basis to develop best practices. For this assessment, you will focus on the following topics:
Imagine you are now a professional psychologist working in the specialization that you aspire to. You are charged with creating professional development for an interdisciplinary team of professionals in your workplace on how theories, principles, and evidence-based best practices of cognitive and affective psychology can be used to help people in your work context.
- A descriptive title of approximately 5â€“15 words. It should stir interest while maintaining professional decorum.
- Professional development for [enter the type of institutional context your presentation is designed for].
- Your specialization. (mental health, counseling, therapy ect )
- Course number and title.
- Capella University.
- Faculty name.
Note: If this presentation was made in an actual professional context, the entries under your name would be replaced by your job title, the name of your organization, and perhaps your contact information.
Topic Introduction Slides
Present each of the three topics in a separate section that begins with a slide naming the topic and concisely introducing it.
Theoretical Background Slides
Use one or more slides to briefly analyze the origins and evolution of each theory that you will reference in relation to each topic.
Use slides as needed to explain how theories, principles, and evidence-based best practices related to each topic can be used to explain behavior and help people. Remember, these factors should be relevant to the context your presentation is designed for. For each of these:
- Analyze how and to what extent brain physiology and neuroscience can provide an explanation of relevant phenomena.
- Analyze how affect may impact cognitive performance in this area.
- Evaluate how cultural diversity should be considered in relation to at least one of the topics in your presentation.
Conclude your presentation with a succinct statement that sums up the utility of what you have presented.