1. This paper will be based on watching the movie â€œDriving Miss Daisyâ€
2. Remember to use APA format with title page, running head, citations and references.
3. Be sure to include a conclusion/summary at the end of the video report.
4. The paper should be at least 7 pages long including title and reference pages. After carefully watching the movie, write a scholarly paper based on instructions below. You may have to view the movie more than once in order to complete a critical analysis. The movie is available for viewing in Course Materials.
Part I: Analyze the movie, dissecting it into its basic elements Support your analysis with at least two scholarly references: 1. Plot (basic situation, conflicts, climax, and resolution
2. Characters (protagonists/antagonists, dynamic/static)
4. Point of view
6. Symbolism (deeper meaning)
Part II: Express your perspective of the movie. Has your thinking about relating to individuals from other cultures changed in any way? Did watching the movie leave any lasting impressions with you? Did you identify any trans-cultural concepts, behaviors or practices in the movie which have been presented in class?
Part III: Compare and contrast two characters of differing cultures in the movie. How were they similar? How were they different?
Part IV: Summarize your discussion, including lessons learned, with examples, from viewing the movie.