After you have read the Punishment Chapter in your text post to this Discussion as described below using MLA format (see Discussion Rules below).
You must post first (Start a New Thread) before viewing the Discussion Board to receive credit.
- DISCUSSION TITLE/SUBJECT – Name of Article and Date of Publication (within the last 6 months)
- Example – Does Capital Punishment cost too much? – August 20, 2017
- Research an article, published in the last 6 months that contains moral issues about Punishment.
- Helpful Hint – If you ever have trouble with research you should go to the campus library Writing Commons where they are more than happy to help with research, writing, etc.. For those who cannot make it to campus please use the Ask-A-Librarian link in the Begin Here Module.
- Include a link to the article and the citation.
- Paragraph one use content, key terms, and concepts from the chapter and summarize the article. Do not use quotes.
- Paragraph two – Compare/Contrast the article with this text book chapter. Be specific. How does the arguments in the textbook compare to the arguments made in the article? You must cite to our text book properly in this paragraph, including the author and page number.
- Paragraph three share your reaction to the article. Do you agree or disagree with the moral conclusion drawn in the article? Why or why not? Remember to use the reasoned argument skills we’ve been developing in this class.
- Minimum word count 250 words. Include word count.
Do not use quotes unless specifically requested by your instructor. Use your own words.
Reply Post – You must complete at least one reply post (50 words minimum). Include word count. Respond to a student who chose a different goal than yours, and point out the strengths of the argument they put forth.
Be sure to review: Discussion Forum Grading Criteria
Drop Box Rules
You should not submit more than once (except for originality issues – see below), so be sure your assignment is complete.
- Attach your submission in the proper MS Word format .doc or .docx or .rtf.
- Exporting a Pages File as Word Format from the Mac with Pages App
- Open the Pages file you want to convert / save to Word format into the Pages app for OS X.
- Go to the â€œFileâ€ menu and choose â€œExport Toâ€, then select â€œWordâ€ from the sub-menu list.
- Then upload the word document into the drop box.
- To receive full credit use MLA format. Place your name, the professor’s name, the course name and the date in the upper left hand corner. Include a Work Cited page.
- Include your word count.
- Use your own words and give credit (citations). See Understanding Plagiarism Activity and How to Avoid Plagiarism in Module 1 – Academic Integrity.
- It is the student’s responsibility to check your Originality Report and resubmit before the due date if needed. Highlighted areas shouldonly be citations, names and properly cited quotes (if your professor allows quotations). To learn how to view your originality report, go to Course Content-MyCourses Tutorials-Dropbox-Viewing a TurnItIn (Originality Report).
- If you have any technical problems contact Technical Support immediately. Their contact information is online -727-341-HELP.
STUDENT’S RESPONSIBILITY – after submitting your assignment, view your work to be sure it was submitted properly.