Development of a Fall Prevention Program
The project will outline the goals and interventions, marketing plan, and estimated cost of the program.
Safety for elders is always an overriding concern for healthcare delivery agents since without a safe environment the elder will be injured and therefore their health will decline. Considering the environment and the lack of safety could potentially result in a fall. Fall prevention programs are always being developed for the safety of the elder in different environments. The following assignment will enlighten you as to the elements of a good, evidence-based fall prevention program.
- You will be taking information that is already established and through the use of critical thinking, you will develop a fall prevention program for a facility in South Florida. The name of the Fall Prevention Program will be developed by yourself.
- Furthermore, you will develop by yourself:
- how to institute the program
- the goals and interventions (such as resources needed, training required and how much it will cost)
- a marketing plan
- an estimated cost
- Due to the need to integrate the program into the corporate structure of the institution, you will also need to plan how to present it to the Administrative team with items such as initial rollout, benefit to the institution and the cost which should be nominal so that you will be able to sell it to the A-Team.
The following information should be included:
1. Is this a Nursing Home, SNF, Hospital, etc? Select: ________________________________
2. Name of Facility: ____________________________________________________________
3. Name of Corporation: (if needed): ______________________________________________
4. Name of Falls Program: _______________________________________________________
A. Intervention list: Name at least five (5) interventions that will help reduce the number of falls. Remember interventions should all be evidence-based and a product of real research from a peer-reviewed journal article(s).
B. Training list: List some of the training that may be needed.
C. List some of the items you will need to initiate and keep the program running. (eg signs, socks, alarms, etc.).
D. The estimated cost of the program: Be realistic (Do not guess!!) and remember money is precious in any facility. Also, you will need to present this as a proposal to the Administration.
E. The Goals of the program.
F. The projected Outcomes of the program.
Again you are presenting this as a proposal to Administration, so make it desirable.