Initech was looking at the proposal and realized that you are 10% over budget, which you did not realize. They want to keep the new SOHO system at $20,000.00 or less, and would like for you to go back and propose alternatives for the install, making sure to include all hardware and software Initech needs in the initial proposal that is necessary for their SOHO. In a 2-4 page document, propose a new installation plan that includes:
- A complete list of equipment installed
- All hardware. Will you continue with the hardware previously chosen? Why or why not? What will you cut or reduce, if anything?
- All software. Will you continue with the software previously chosen? Why or why not? What will you cut or reduce, if anything?
- All network devices. Will you continue with the network devices previously chosen? Why or why not? What will you cut or reduce, if anything?
- Installation plan
- What might be some ways to keep labor costs low in order to help keep things under budget?
- What are some things that you can implement to make sure the installs are completed on time? What alternatives will you have in place in case the installs are not completed on time?
- Are there any additional methods of cutting costs and saving time that you would recommend?
Use vocabulary and tone appropriate for your target audience–your client, Initech. If you used outside resources to support your content (for example, articles, charts, or images you use that are not your own), be sure to cite those sources.
For more information about formatting references according to APA guidelines, see the APA Guide.