During the initial setup and implementation of the Web site, you have been reviewing some of the documentation, scripts, and sample files that were installed on the Linux and Apache environment. In more than one place, you have noticed several familiar commands, but they have all been on one line. The ability of one command to send the output it generates to the input of a second command is a very important concept for the UNIX environment.
Describe the concepts of filters, pipes, and redirection and explain how and what the following command is trying to accomplish (if some commands are not yet familiar, you can describe the overall process of each step):
The deliverable for the assignment should include the following:
- Description of filters (including the 3 standard files every filter uses)
- Description of pipes
- Description of redirection
- Explanation of the command above
Finally, save your Word document as â€œyourname_IP2.docxâ€. Click the â€œEditâ€ button on this submission node to submit the saved document.
Here are some tips if you have problems to submit your Word document:
- Make sure there are some texts (not only the screenshots) in the Word document.
- Try to save as Word 97-2003 Document (*.doc) and re-submit.
- Try to submit with a different Web browser.
- Try to submit from a different computer.
If it is still not working, discuss with your faculty.