This unit aims to give you an opportunity to combine many facets of your acquired MBA skills into the
production of a high-quality research project.
Assignment 4 – the Individual Reflective Journal – is to ensure each student is able to contribute to document
a critical reflection of their personal learning process, as experienced during this unit. It will be best to build
your journal progressively, by making notes each week, starting at week 1 and going through to week 12. Your
notes will serve as a reminder of which sections you personally contributed to, what you learnt, and how you
experienced the learning process.
A significant aspect of the learning journal will be your reflections on how well your team co-operated in the
various phases of the Business Research Project, i.e. Topic Approval, Literature Review, and Methodology.
Assignment Structure should be as the following:
1. My personal contribution to the topic selection, problem definition, research question, writing of
topic approval submission, and team charter. How I experienced this and what I learnt from it.
2. My personal contribution to the literature review report, i.e. search process, summarising of
relevant articles, designing the outline/argument/structure of the literature review, writing up the
literature review. How I experienced this and what I learnt from it.
3. My personal contribution to the research methodology report, i.e. my role in discussions about
methods, sampling, questionnaire design, data collection, analysis and interpretation. How I
experienced this and what I learnt from it.
4. My reflections on the research experience, insights I gained, and any issues, struggles, challenges,
synergies I experienced, individually and in the teamwork
5. My statement indicating which sections of this research project I personally wrote and what I
learned from this experience