Choose an operating system that:
- Was introduced prior to 1990
- Is, or was, either a time-sharing or fully multitasking operating system
- Is not any versionof MS-DOS, Microsoft Windows, any Unix-like system, or the Macintosh OS
- The history of its development
- Its intended usage domain, and the general characteristics of operating and/or using it
- At least one distinctive feature or trait that set it apart from other operating systems either historically or at the time
- The degree of its commercial success and impact, or lack thereof
- Any technological influence it had on the development of later operating systems
- Whether it or any of its descendants remain in use, and why
The length limit is three pages (11 or 12 point, a standard font, and 1” margins).
You need at least three references. One of these may be an online reference to the operating system; one should be a manual, textbook, or contemporary article describing it; and one should be either another contemporary article or a later article describing its legacy.
You must cite any source you use, and you must write all material in your own terms, not merely copy and paste.