There are two core components to this activity: to develop a draft report framework (plan) as a group inclass activity and then using that framework (plan) create an individual report based on the
organisation’s/companies Human Resource practices, workforce performance, culture and employee
PART A (In-Class Draft Report Framework)
In Week 2/3/4 in-class groups (of 4 students) will be formed and the group will need to select an
Australian organisation/company of your choice from the Australia’s top 200 listed on the Australian
Securities Exchange (ASX). You can find the list of companies at https://www.asx200list.com/
However, you CANNOT select organisation/company from the Banking, Airline, Supermarkets or the
Telecommunication Sectors. You should not be choosing a Franchise Company. You should discuss your
ideas with your before commencing
As part of the in-class activities, you will develop a group draft report framework (that must be signed off
by your lecturer) to assist you in preparing your individual report. Each student will individually submit a
copy of their signed group framework via Moodle and their individual report via Turnitin.
PART B. (Individual)
By looking at the organisation’s/company’s website and Annual Reports, you will be able to see whether it
is possible to access enough information about its Human Resource (HR) practices to address the
1. How is your selected organisation/company trying to improve the performance of its workforce?
• Include at least one performance related initiative and one way in which its success could
2. How is your selected organisation/company trying to improve its culture?
• Include at least one culture-based initiative and identify the type of culture prevalent within
3. How is your organisation trying to improve their rates of employee engagement?
• Include at least one employment-based initiative and the likelihood of success?