MN551: Develop cooperative relationships with clients when teaching concepts concerning pathological states to individuals and families
Select one of the case studies below, and include discussion of your strategy for winning the patients cooperation while teaching concepts concerning pathological states to them and their families.
- Make sure all of the topics in the case study have been addressed.
- Cite at least three sources; journal articles, textbooks or evidenced-based websites to support the content.
- All sources must be within five years.
- Do not use .com, Wikipedia, or up-to-date, etc., for your sources.
Case Study 1
Concepts of Altered Health in Older Adults
Joseph P. is an 82-year-old male living at home. He is in overall good health and enjoys taking long walks as often as possible. During his walks, he likes to stop for a cold glass of fruit juice at the local cafeteria. On cold or rainy days, he rides a stationary bicycle at home for 30 minutes to “stay in good shape.”
- What physiological factors would typically increase Joseph’s risk of falling while walking outdoors?
- What are the common changes in blood pressure regulation that occurs with aging?
- Joseph enjoys fruit juice when he walks. Considering the renal system in the older adult, why would dehydration be a particular concern?