Students are to design a poster using the literature and best evidence with the aim of educating other health care staff in one of the following areas;
- What tools can assist a nurse to know when a person is approaches the last hours or days of life?
- Describe the 3 main illness trajectories. How might knowledge of these assist in planning nursing care?
- What are the similarities and differences between aged care and palliative care?
- How does the Australian Modified Karnofsky Scale (AKPS) assist in planning nursing care?
- What are the main anticipated symptoms associated with the terminal phase of an illness? Outline the main nursing care for the the top 3 symptoms.
Please follow the marking rubric closely, and whichever topic you choose, please refer the current research evidence.