Community Capacity-Enhancement Approach to Breast and Cervical Cancer Screening
among Older Women of Color, Health and Social Work 31(1) 16-25
1. What was the target community for this intervention?
2. Describe the processes of assessment, engagement, and implementation with
an emphasis on community enhancement and community participation.
3. What factors contributed to the success of the intervention? What
alternative avenues could have been pursued (i.e. what other types of
interventions) to increase cancer screening in this community? Have such avenues
been proven to be successful?Please read the following article and answer the questions:
1. What was the purpose of the intervention and what was its rationale?
2. Briefly describe the design, the procedure, and the participants (1/2
3. What were the components of the intervention? (1/2 page)
4. What types of evaluation did the researchers employ to assess the effects
of the intervention? Of what did these evaluations consist? (1/2 page)
5. Was the intervention successful? Please explain. Then, please formulate a
discussion on what may have been the factors that affected the interventions
success or lack thereof. Use both the authors speculations as well as
Bere E., Veierod M.B., Bjelland M., Klepp K.I.(2006).Outcome and process
evaluation of a Norwegian school-randomized fruit and vegetable intervention:
Fruits and Vegetables Make the Marks (FVMM). Health Education
Research, 21 (2) 258-267 Please answer these questions:
How would you evaluate your health promotion program. What would your
process, impact, and outcome evaluation consist of? What evaluation methods
would you use? What problems are you likely to encounter in the evaluation
NOTE: In formulating your response, please be sure to incorporate a
discussion of data analysis and reporting methods you would use for your
evaluation. These were introduced at the bottom of the Module 5 Home Page under
Data Analysis and Reporting.