One of the hottest topics right now in the IT industry is Cloud computing. Cloud computing is a technology model in which any and all resources (hardware and software) are delivered as a set of services via the Internet. As part of this model you are not managing hardware and software. Instead you pay for those services you use. For example, as sales grow and you add more employees, you pay for the additional computing resources in the cloud as needed. The goal of taking advantage of cloud computing is to have your computing costs align with the activity level of your organization. The future of Cloud computing brings new ways to collaborate everywhere through mobile devices. Surf the Internet on Cloud computing and find at least five websites on Cloud computing and develop a set of 10 slides (as mentioned below).
a. Develop a total of 10 slides
i. Slide # 1: Title Slide (Your Name, course info, date etc.)
ii. Slide # 2 – 10:
1. What is Cloud computing?
2. How does it work?
3. Example – describe how 1-2 companies (in your field) using cloud computing to solve business problems
4. Example – describe how 1-2 companies (in your field) using cloud computing to solve business problems
5. What is Software-As-A-Service (SaaS)?
6. Public versus Private Clouds
7. How the Cloud computing will transform business by 2020?
8. Benefits of Cloud computing
9. Risks of Cloud computing
10. Your thoughts on this technology [Be sure to provide references on your slides where appropriate]
b. Upload your PPT slides on BB LEARN by the due date/time