https://proficientwriters.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/logo-300x60.png 0 0 Paul https://proficientwriters.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/logo-300x60.png Paul2021-04-24 12:44:482021-04-24 12:44:48due 8pm june 212015
Cybercrimes and Computer Security Systems
With the advent of computers, cybercrime and Internet frauds are increasing in frequency and in size. The trend is likely to continue. Cybercrimes are described as activities in which a computer or network of computers are an integral part of a crime.
For this assignment, research the Internet or Strayer databases and identify an organization that was a victim of cybercrime.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Based on your research, identify and assess the fraud that occurred in the organization, as well as the impact that the fraud had on the corporation’s investors and creditors.
- Suggest how a financial forensic investigation could have detected fraud in the organization that you researched. Consider the risk factors, the elements of fraud, and the analysis of competing hypotheses.
- Asses the economic losses that occurred at the organization you researched and recommend a plan of action for the company to restore any economic losses.
- Compare and contrast accidental fraudsters and predators. Give your opinion on what type of fraudster(s) committed fraud at the organization you researched. Provide support for your rationale.
- Evaluate how teamwork and leadership are effective tools for financial forensic investigations. Provide support for your evaluation.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Examine different types of organizational illegal activities, including cybercrimes and the impact to the organization.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in forensic accounting.
- Write clearly and concisely about forensic accounting issues using proper writing mechanics