250-word (not including in-text citation and references as word count) count minimum with two scholarly sources in APA format. For the two scholarly sources, one from the textbook that’s posted below and the other one from an outside source. Let’s be sure to write it in own work 100% and give credit appropriately when using someone’s else work.
Make sure to read the question and re-read the question to ensure you know for a fact, what is required. Below are some of the common errors I see in classes:
-Spelling, grammar, & punctuation;
-Students neglecting to answer all required questions in the assignments;
-Students failing to meet the required “word count;” (Specifically, it applies only to your answer/response and not your references or citations);
-Students failing to reference their assignments;
-Students use of “Wikibooks,” “Wikipedia,” etc. as academic sources (Information is not permissible nor verifiable);
-Students failing to proofread their assignments prior to submission. It is totally permissible to have another person review your work before submission; however, it must be your work! library research is required for each class. Here are three links that should help you in finding articles in the library:
Chapter 1-“Understanding Drug-Taking Behavior,” pages 1-27
Chapter 2-“Understanding the Drug Problem in America,” pages-28-49
Discuss: a minimum of 250 words (main post) and two scholarly sources (one from textbook posted below and other one outside source (library articles-EBSCO).
1. In unit 1, the text discusses understanding drug names. List two of the four drug names and define what the term (drug name) means. Explain your answer and support your position.
1,250 word count and there is a total of 5 questions (not including in-text citation and references as the word count), a minimum of three scholarly sources are required in APA format. For the three scholarly sources, one from the textbook that’s posted below and the other two from an outside source (library articles-EBSCO). Let’s be sure to write it in own work 100% and give appropriately when using someone’s else work.
Complete: a minimum of 1,250 words (total assignment) and three scholarly sources.
1. Explain the difference between instrumental and recreational drug use and the difference between licit and illicit drugs.
2. Describe three of the several ways drugs can be administered into the body. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each of them with respect to toxicity, side effects, and how drugs exit the body.
3. Summarize the Controlled Substances Schedules. Make sure to include their potential for abuse, the potential for medicinal use, and the level of physical and psychological dependence. Also include an example of a drug from each level.
4. Explain what US government agency gathers data concerning drug-related medical emergencies in hospitals. Be sure to include the agency’s two major concerns, the seven major circumstances most frequently addressed, and at least 2 statistics relating to the emergencies reported.
5. Explain at least three criteria that need to be present for substance dependence according to the DSM-IV. Explain and give an example of each of the four criteria used to define drug abuse according to the DSM-IV.