Write a critique of the article by Shrestha, Anderson, and Moore listed in Required Reading, answering the following questions:
- What are the applications of observational learning?
- What is point-of-view modeling (POVM), and how is it different from ordinary video modeling?
- In what training situations are video prompting (VP) procedures helpful, and what is the major disadvantage of using them?
- How does forward chaining improve upon VP techniques?
- What is the target behavior in the study?
- How was language used to boost the training?
- Did the study maintain the ethical guidelines that are required by the psychological profession?
- How might future studies include those of other cultures?
- Considering what you know about research methodology and observational learning, in what ways was the outcome of the intervention evaluated?
- How might mirror neurons be involved in this kind of training?
- Imagine you were asked to create a similar training video. What target behavior would you select, and what techniques would you utilize to optimize the training?
Your article critique should be at least two pages, not including the title and reference pages. You must properly cite at least the textbook and the assigned article in your paper. All references should be formatted in APA style.
Textbook: Powell, R. A., Honey, P. L., & Symbaluk, D. G. (2017). Introduction to learning and behavior (5th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage Learning.
Article Citation: Shrestha, A., Anderson, A., & Moore, D. W. (2013). Using point-of-view video modeling and forward chaining to teach a functional self-help skill to a child with autism. Journal of Behavioral Education, 22(2), 157+. Retrieved from http://link.galegroup.com.libraryresources.columbi…