After reading Hoy’s (2011) article https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/000486…regarding internships and volunteering, identify an opportunity to volunteer or intern through your current workplace, through an organization connected to your field of study, or one found through the Student Career Center (Links to an external site.). Keep in mind that volunteering on a workplace committee, as an extension to the community or working under a mentor’s care, are all examples of volunteering or internship (to name a few). Once you have identified your workplace opportunity, choose four soft skills and complete the following:
- Analyze each of the four chosen soft skills (problem solving, communication skills, leadership, and strong work ethic) in connection to what skill is important to your chosen volunteer or internship opportunity as Human Resource Administrative Assistant (Internship at Lockheed Martin).
- Examine each with specifics, details, and offer examples related to your field of study.
- Conclude with a reflection of how your own soft skills could positively impact the chosen volunteer or internship experience.
Your well-written paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be 2-3 pages in length.
- Be formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA (Links to an external site.).
- Cite a minimum of three scholarly sources, at least one of which is not provided in, or linked from, the course. The CSU-Global Library is a great place to find scholarly sources.
Write clearly and logically, as you will be graded on content, analysis, and your adherence to the tenets of good academic writing—which should be succinct where possible while also exploring the topics appropriately. Remember that you can always improve your work by providing support from outside scholarly sources, which help both to bolster your own assertions and supplement your ideas.