–Include an introduction
–Include a conclusion at end of paper
–Use references between 2015-2019
–Refrain from using first person pronoun such as “I”, “I think”
-The authors voice of the paper should be educational and narrative
Case Study- A.D. is an 82-year-old man who presents to the outpatient office for a 6-month check-up.
Lives in assisted living apartments
One meal a day in dining room, has light meals for breakfast and lunch
Nonsmoker, never smoked
Retired police officer
Has three grown children who live nearby
Walks with cane
Complains of urinary incontinence
Vital signs: T 37.7 BP 108/62 HR 62 Resp 14
Height and weight = Within normal limits
Immunizations = Up-to-date
Medications: Digoxin (Lanoxin) 0.5 mcg per day, hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) 5 mg per day, aspirin 81 mg per day
Allergy to sulfa medications = Hives
Write an essay of 1000-1250 words and address each of the below questions. Be sure to completely answer all parts in each prompt. Support your answers with reasoning and evidence from the data provided. Separate each section in your paper with a clear heading that allows your professor to know which bullet you are addressing in that section of your paper. Make sure to reference three (3) citations using the APA writing style for each reference. Include a title page and a reference page, which do not count towards the minimal word amount.
Important points to address:
- What special considerations should the nurse keep in mind regarding the physical exam for individuals in this patient’s age group?
- What are the expected findings in the older adult for the following systems: skin, hair and nails, eyes and vision, ears and hearing, mouth, and musculoskeletal system?
- What are some abnormal findings in the older adult for the following systems: skin, eyes and vision, ears and hearing, mouth, and musculoskeletal system?
- Based on the readings and the objective and subjective findings, what is the most likely cause of this patient’s urinary incontinence?
- What interventions should be implemented for this patient’s urinary incontinence?