Use information from your textbooks, videos, PowerPoints, or other reputable sources like NAEYC to identify developmentally appropriate practices related to that topic. You can also research currently published children’s books that are related to your topic. Remember, the topic you are signing up for is just a broad and general area. Your story can either focus on that broad area (ex: cultures) or a more specific topic (ex: families who celebrate specific holidays or dress differently).
Together, you will write and illustrate a children’s story. You are encouraged to use the Book Creator (Links to an external site.) app (available on iTunes for free). If you or your group members do not have access to an iPad or this app, you can use an alternate application as long as you can share your final product.
Your book should include the following:
- At least 10 pages in length
- Text on each page
- At least 10 illustrations
- Cover with title and illustration
- Identifiable theme/topic
- Positive representation of the chosen theme/topic
- Professional appearance
You should also include a reflection explaining:
- Why did you choose this topic?
- Is this topic missing from Early Childhood Classrooms?
- Your reflection should be at least one page in length