20% of the overall final grade Film Analysis.
This analytical paper should be 1,000 words (or 3-4 double-spaced pages) in length.
For this assignment, choose a movie below and then you will need to analyze the depiction of Religion and Culture in it.
– The Apostle (1997), directed by Robert Duvall, produced by Robert Duval, privately.
– Tender Mercies (1983), directed by Bruce Beresford, EMI Films.
– At Play in the Fields of the Lord (1991), directed by Hector Babenco, Universal Pictures.
– Malcolm X (1992), directed by Spike Lee, Warner Brothers Pictures.
– Flywheel (2003), directed by Alex Kendrick, Sherwood Pictures.
– The Mission (1986), directed by Roland Joffe, Warner Brothers Pictures.
– Amistad (1997), directed by Steven Spielberg, HBO Films.
– Stigmata (1999), directed by Rupert Wainwright, FGM Entertainment.
– Little Buddha (1993), directed by Bernardo Bertolucci, Recorded Picture Company.
– Brother from Another Planet (1984), directed by John Sayles, Cinecom Pictures.
– Old Fashioned(2015), directed and written by Rik Swartzwelder, Skoche Films Motion Picture Pro
– Home Run(2013, directed by David Boyd, Samuel Goldwyn Films / Provident Films
– Courageous(2011), directed by Alex Kendrick, Affirm Films / Provident Films / Sherwood Pictures
– Preachers Kid(2010), directed by Stan Foster, Gener8xion Entertainment
– Son of God(2014), directed by Mark Burnett and Roma Downey, 20thCentury Fox
– My Gods Not Dead(2014), directed by Harold Cronk, Pure Flix Entertainment
– My Gods Not Dead 2(2016), directed by Harold Cronk, Pure Flix Entertainment
– A Matter of Faith (2014), directed by Rich Christiano, Five & Two Pictures
– Bruce Almighty (2003),directed by Tom Shadyac, Spyglass Entertainment / Universal Pictures
– At Play in the Fields of the Lord (1991), directed by Hector Babenco, Universal Pictures
– Brother Sun, Sister Moon (1972), directed by Franco Zifferelli, Euro International Film
– The Chosen (1981), Directed by Jeremy Kagan, 20thCentury Fox
– The Cup (2000), Directed by Khyentse Norbu, Palm Pictures