Assignment 1: Social Performance of Organizations
Due Week 4 and worth 290 points
According to the textbook, the current world economy is increasingly becoming integrated and interdependent; as a result, the relationship between business and society is becoming more complex. Use the Internet to research one (1) of the following organizations:
· Facebook (FB)
· Wal-Mart (WMT)
· British Petroleum (BP)
· Disney (DIS)
Write a four (4) to six (6) page paper in which you:
1. Specify the nature, structure, types of products or service of your chosen organization, and two (2) key factors in the organization’s external environment that can affect its success. Provide explanation to support the rationale.
2. Examine three (3) salient stakeholders of the chosen organization based on their key roles and relationships with the company.
3. Suggest four (4) ways in which the primary stakeholders can influence the organization’s financial performance. Provide support for the response.
4. Specify one (1) controversial corporate social responsibility concern associated with your selected organization.
5. Use at least four (4) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Using MS Word, be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
· Upload your work through GRAMMARLY, make any necessary revisions before submitting your final paper.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Analyze the relationship between business and society, and the ways in which they are part of an interactive system.
· Recommend ways stakeholders can influence the destiny of both business and society.
· Analyze the various primary and secondary stakeholder groups, their roles, and relationships.
· Analyze the multiple environments of an organization.
· Compare and contrast the concepts of corporate social responsibility, citizenship, and global citizenship.
· Analyze ways ethical challenges affect the multiple functions of business.
· Use technology and information resources to research issues in business and society.
· Write clearly and concisely about business and society using proper writing mechanics.
* JAPMAN- it says a 4-6 page paper so you can just make it a 4 page to cut down on the cost. Or, just however you can to see it is properly done. Thanks JAPMAN.