You are considering buying two different vehicles.
- The first is a van at $20,523, and an estimated annual operating cost of $3200.
- The second is a fuel-efficient car at $23,540 and an estimated annual operating cost of $2450.
Use these equations to represent the cost (y) of the cars over x years:
Y = 20,523 + 3200 X
Y = 23,540 + 2450 X
- Fill in the following tables, using the equations. (5 points)
Round to the nearest whole dollar.
- Answer the following questions. (5 points)
- How much does each vehicle cost initially?
- How much does each cost to operate for one year?
- Which one initially costs less?
- Which one will cost less over the six years?
- When do they cost about the same?