Stuck with a difficult assignment? No time to get your paper done? Feeling confused? If you’re looking for reliable and timely help for assignments, you’ve come to the right place. We promise 100% original, plagiarism-free papers custom-written for you. Yes, we write every assignment from scratch and it’s solely custom-made for you.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Week 3 Discussion Question 1
Data and information share a common thread; they work together to facilitate decisions. In health care, they can mean the difference between life and death or profit and loss. Both data and information assist in providing quality health care. In a minimum of 300 words, address the following points in your initial post:
- What is the definition of data?
- How is data managed and accessed?
- What is information?
- List and define at least three decision support products.
- List three internet or web applications that support health care.
Week 3 Discussion Question 2
Leaders of health care and health information technology are charged with a vision for growth and improvement. Technology is advancing in health care at an unsurpassed rate. Some health care organizations are very slow to adapt. Meanwhile, other organizations spend the time and resources ensuring that they remain competitive; measuring the risk versus the benefit of new or improved health information systems. Many argue that it puts them in touch with the customers and gives them a competitive advantage (Wager, Lee, & Glaser, 2013). In a minimum of 300 words, address the following points in your initial post:
- What are some characteristics of quality data?
- How are gaps (or breaches) predicted? How are they handled?
- How are parities (or uniformities) identified? How are they maintained?
- Identify and describe the gaps and parities in health information system data and information.
- What is Web 2.0? What are its primary features?
- Review each of the following Web 2.0 tools (you will need to create a free account on practice fusion). Are these tools useful? What are the benefits or drawbacks of using tools such as these? Share your observations with the class.
- Practice Fusion: features ePrescribing, charting, and scheduling.
- Webicina: select a particular diagnosis from the homepage and then explore the social media options available for that subject.