The final part of the group project is the actual power point presentation
I will upload the outline of Power Point Project and other related works.
The first semester long project for this course is the project creating a power point presentation on the history of sociology. In this presentation, you will want to address the origins of sociology, the important early theorists and the theories contributed by them, and how sociology as a field of inquiry has evolved and progressed. You are free to add any elements to the power point that you want; video files, web links, audio files, etc.
Power Point Project
There are three parts to the Power Point Project; the outline, the annotated bibliography and the power point final submission. Each component has a corresponding assignment
which is located both in the Assignments and Assessments folders in the Class Session folders for the weeks that the three components are due; Class Session 2, 6 and 12. The instructor will provide feedback and guidance after each of the first two submissions. All three components must be submitted in a timely fashion to receive a grade for the various power point project assignments.
Power Point Final Submission:
- The final part of the group project is the actual power point presentation.
- You should create at least 30 slides for the final power point.
- In the power point, you will want to make sure you include the theoretical perspectives, and both the classic and contemporary sociological theorists.
- You should include research methods in your presentation as well.
- You will want to trace the early history of sociology up to at least the latter half of the twentieth century, although you can go all the way up to current sociology in the early twenty-first century.
- All sources should be listed on the final slide(s) in the power point, formatted for a bibliography.
- Refer to the Power Point Project Rubric in the Rubrics folder in the Resources tab for further information on grading requirements.