Stuck with a difficult assignment? No time to get your paper done? Feeling confused? If you’re looking for reliable and timely help for assignments, you’ve come to the right place. We promise 100% original, plagiarism-free papers custom-written for you. Yes, we write every assignment from scratch and it’s solely custom-made for you.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
For this assignment, you will analyze conflicts using systems theory, as described by Hocker and Wilmot in Chapter 7.
When people think of conflict, they often tend to think only about the actual conflict itself. They often fail to contextualize that conflict within the norms and background of a larger institution or group. This type of contextualization is an important part of understanding a conflict more fully and of better understanding how to resolve the conflict.
Systems theory is a method of analyzing conflict that goes beyond looking at individual behavior and goals, and instead focuses on the patterns of interactions between individuals as a part of a whole institution. Systems theory also focuses on the roles that individuals play within institutions.
For this assignment, use the information about systems theory that you read in Chapter 7 of the Hocker and Wilmot text, complete the following, using your post from u05d2:
- Define systems theory clearly, in your own words.
- Briefly describe the conflict.
- Then analyze what you know about the system that is contributing to this conflict. To help you analyze the system, refer to the detailed Conflict Assessment Guide on pages 242–245 of the Hocker and Wilmot text. Choose relevant questions from this outline to assist you in your analysis.
- Based on your systems analysis of this conflict, propose some possible solutions or strategies for reducing the conflict. Remember, systems theory looks beyond individuals and examines the system as a whole, so solutions may need to involve systemic changes as opposed to individual ones.
- Written Communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA Formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA guidelines.
- Page Requirements: 3–5 pages.
- Font and Font Size: Times New Roman or Arial, 12 point.
- Attach document in Microsoft Word format.