School Safety – Part A School Safety – Part A: Crisis Response (NELP 6.1) Begin the assessment by reading through the safety scenario, Parts A, B, and C, and carefully review the assessment rubric. F
Stuck with a difficult assignment? No time to get your paper done? Feeling confused? If you’re looking for reliable and timely help for assignments, you’ve come to the right place. We promise 100% original, plagiarism-free papers custom-written for you. Yes, we write every assignment from scratch and it’s solely custom-made for you.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
School Safety – Part A
School Safety – Part A: Crisis Response (NELP 6.1)
Begin the assessment by reading through the safety scenario, Parts A, B, and C, and carefully review the assessment rubric. Familiarize yourself with the resources provided in the Resource section below. You may refer to the resources in your assessment response. Write a narrative response (two to four double-spaced pages per assessment Part using the current APA format with a minimum of four resources in total utilized for citations) answering the questions associated with Parts A, B, and C of the assessment using your knowledge of NELP Standard 6 and the standard components 6.1, 6.2, and 6.3 and the associated PSEL standard 9, specifically 9a, 9d, and 9h. Your response should include research references of effective practices in the area of school safety and management and should demonstrate understanding and application of NELP standard components 6.1, 6.2, and 6.3 and PSEL standard 9, specifically 9a, 9d, and 9h.
Scenario – School Bus Crash (Part A)
You are a principal of a public middle school in rural Mississippi. It is 3:30 pm on a Thursday in February. School released at 3:05 pm and freezing rain began falling at 3:20 pm.
The district’s central office administrative assistant just called and said she just received a report that Bus #10 has been involved in a crash. Initial reports indicate the bus slid off the road into the ditch, then overturned. She reminded you the superintendent went with the high school principal to a state training and is not answering her phone.
- What are the three most important immediate considerations?
- What responding agencies and/or parties need to be contacted? Why?
- How will you interact with these responding agencies?
Note: Use state and national resources to support your response to the key considerations below.
Key Considerations to include in your response:
• Situation Assessment
• Setting Control
• Emergency Response
• Accountability to Stakeholders
• Coordination of Resources
Checklist for School Safety Narrative Response
- Review entire safety scenario, associated questions, and Key Considerations prior to beginning your narrative response.
- Review rubric indicators and performance levels; Meets Expectation is the required performance level. The assessment will be scored using the scoring rubric (included in the assessment).
- Utilize state and national resources as references for responses. Some have been provided for you in the Resources section on page 2 of the assessment. You may utilize additional credible resources as well.
Generate a narrative response (two to four double-spaced pages per assessment Part using the current APA format with a minimum of four resources in total utilized for citations)
- Part A: Crisis Response – Review the scenario and respond in narrative format to the questions addressing the Key Considerations noted and Part A rubric criteria.
Mississippi Department of Education Office of Safe and Orderly Schools
- https://mdek12.org/OSOS/HomeLinks to an external site.
Links to an external site.Pupil Transportation
- https://mdek12.org/OSOS/PTLinks to an external site.
Links to an external site.School Bus Safety
- https://www.mdek12.org/OSOS/SBSLinks to an external site.
Links to an external site.Mississippi Public School Accountability Standards
- https://www.mdek12.org/Accred/AASLinks to an external site.
Links to an external site.National School Transportation Association
- http://www.yellowbuses.orgLinks to an external site.
Links to an external site.American School Bus Council
- http://www.americanschoolbuscouncil.orgLinks to an external site.
We’ve proficient writers who can handle both short and long papers, be they academic or non-academic papers, on topics ranging from soup to nuts (both literally and as the saying goes, if you know what we mean). We know how much you care about your grades and academic success. That's why we ensure the highest quality for your assignment. We're ready to help you even in the most critical situation. We're the perfect solution for all your writing needs.
Get a 15% discount on your order using the following coupon code SAVE15
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper