SOCW 6200 Final Project: Bio-Psycho-Social Assessment
Submit by Day 7 a 6- to 9-page paper that focuses on an adolescent from one of the case studies presented in this course. For this assignment, complete a bio-psycho-social assessment and provide an analysis of the assessment. This assignment is divided into two parts (Part A & Part B):
Part A: Bio-Psycho-Social Assessment: The assessment should be written in professional language and include sections on each of the following:
1. Presenting issue (including referral source)
2. Demographic information
3. Current living situation
4. Birth and developmental history
5. School and social relationships
6. Family members and relationships
7. Health and medical issues (including psychological and psychiatric functioning, substance abuse)
8. Spiritual development
9. Social, community, and recreational activities
10. Client strengths, capacities, and resources
Part B: Analysis of Assessment. Address each of the following:
· Explain the challenges faced by the client(s)—for example, drug addiction, lack of basic needs, victim of abuse, new school environment, etc.
· Analyze how the social environment affects the client.
· Identify which human behavior or social theories may guide your practice with this individual and explain how these theories inform your assessment.
· Explain how you would use this assessment to develop mutually agreed-upon goals to be met in order to address the presenting issue and challenges face by the client.
· Explain how you would use the identified strengths of the client(s) in a treatment plan.
· Explain how you would use evidence-based practice when working with this client and recommend specific intervention strategies (skills, knowledge, etc.) to address the presenting issue.
· Describe the issues will you need to address around cultural competence.
[Template for Part A]
Date of Birth:
Client Self-Assessment of Problem(s)/Reason(s) for Seeking Treatment/Motivation Onset/Duration/Intensity/Frequency Precipitating Stressors/Stressful Events Symptoms (in Client’s/Informant’s Own Words)
Who referred this individual for treatment? Was the informant a reliable historian?
Was information gleaned from previous treatment records, court documents, etc.?
CURRENT LIVING SITUATION
Dependents/Care for Dependents Employment/Disability/Seeking Disability Income/Source of Income
Insurance Transportation Daily Living Skills
Available Social Support
BIRTH AND DEVELOPMENTAL HISTORY
Pregnancy and Labor Developmental Milestone(s)
B. EARLY CHILDHOOD
Family of Origin—Parents/Siblings/Extended Family, as Relevant
Geographic/Cultural/Spiritual Factors/as Relevant
Physical/Emotional/Sexual Abuse History
SCHOOL AND SOCIAL RELATIONSHIPS
This section should include information about social supports and the nature of those relationships; include current friendships, school/peer group experience, and military history, if applicable.
A. SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT
Cultural/Peer Group/Environment School
B. EDUCATIONAL HISTORY
Public or Private School(s) Where Attended
C. MILITARY HISTORY What Branch
Duty Assignment (when/where) Rank/Discharge
FAMILY MEMBERS AND RELATIONSHIPS
A. SIGNIFICANT FAMILY RELATIONSHIPS
Family member and relationship
B. INTERPERSONAL/MARITAL HISTORY
Age of Involvement in Relationships
Length of Relationships
HEALTH AND MEDICAL ISSUES
A. MEDICAL HISTORY/HEALTH STATUS
History of Traumatic Injuries/Illnesses/Chronic Health Problems
Describe Current Illness
Is Client in Good General Health?
Is Client Allergic to Any Medications? Who Is Client’s Primary Care Physician?
Is the Client Being Treated by Any Other Physician(s)?
What Are the Client’s Current Psychiatric and Nonpsychiatric Medications?
Describe Client’s Health Habits: Appetite, Sleep, Exercise, Nicotine, Alcohol, Illicit Drugs, and Vitamins/Herbal Supplements?
Sexual Functioning: Preference/Problems
Risk Behaviors for STDs
B. MENTAL STATUS
Attitude/Appearance/Behavior Affect/Mood/Psychomotor Activity
Orientation/Memory/Cognition Thought Process/Content Speech
Insight/Judgment Homicidal/Suicidal Ideation Hallucination(s)/Delusion(s)
C. HISTORY OF PSYCHIATRIC ILLNESS AND PREVIOUS TREATMENT
Previous Diagnoses/Medications/Inpatient and Outpatient Treatment History of Suicidal Ideation/Suicide Attempts/Self-Mutilation/Homicidal Ideation/Aggression
E. SUBSTANCE ABUSE HISTORY
Type/Onset/Duration/Amount Frequency/Pattern of Use Involvement in Treatment
SOCIAL, COMMUNITY, AND RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES
CLIENT STRENGTHS, CAPACITIES AND RESOURCES
OTHER SIGNIFICANT FACTORS
After completing the biopsychosocial assessment in part A, analyze the assessment according to the questions in the assignment directions. Use APA and scholarly writing to complete this portion of the assignment.