Stuck with a difficult assignment? No time to get your paper done? Feeling confused? If you’re looking for reliable and timely help for assignments, you’ve come to the right place. We promise 100% original, plagiarism-free papers custom-written for you. Yes, we write every assignment from scratch and it’s solely custom-made for you.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Psychotherapy Interventions Unique to Person-Centered Therapy
Person-centered therapy uses several interventions to facilitate client change beyond its foundational interventions of unconditional positive regard, reflective listening skills, and a focus on empathy. The role of a person-centered therapist is one of a “partner” or “equal” who sets the conditions whereby clients can reach within themselves and change their lives, bringing their “real” and “ideal” selves closer together. However, beyond setting these conditions, there are interventions that person-centered psychologists use to facilitate client change. In this Discussion, you research and evaluate these interventions with respect to their effectiveness at facilitating positive client change.
To prepare for this Discussion:
• Review the journal article, “The Phoenix of Empirically Supported Therapy Relationships: The Overlooked Person-Centered Basis.” Focus on Rogers’ “necessary and sufficient” therapeutic conditions.
Cornelius-White, J. H. D. (2002). The phoenix of empirically supported therapy relationships: The overlooked person-centered basis. Psychotherapy: Theory, Research, Practice, Training, 39(3), 219-222
• Review the journal article, “Showing Clients the Doors: Active Problem-Solving in Person-Centered Psychotherapy.” Pay particular attention to applying a problem-solving approach within a person-centered framework.
Knight, T. A. (2007). Showing clients the doors: Active problem-solving in person-centered psychotherapy. Journal of Psychotherapy Integration, 17(1), 111-124.
• Review the basic tenets of person-centered therapy.
• Conduct a brief (2–3 articles) literature search for person-centered psychotherapy interventions that facilitate positive client change.
• Select one intervention and evaluate its empirical support. Think about how person-centered theory draws from or contributes to evidence-based practice.
Society of Clinical Psychology, American Psychological Association, Division 12: Psychological Treatments
NREPP: National Registry of Evidence-Based Programs and Practices, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
With these thoughts in mind:
Post by Day 4 a description of one intervention specific to person-centered theory. Include an analysis of the intervention’s empirical support. Is the intervention tailored toward specific populations or problems?
Be sure to support your postings and responses with specific references to the Learning Resources and use empirically supported research to support your points of view. Follow proper APA Style guidelines.