PSY-520 Graduate Statistics
Topic 5 – Benchmark – Correlation and Regression Project
Directions: Use the following information to complete the questions below. While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines. Select at least three variables that you believe have a linear relationship.
1. Collect the data for these variables and describe the data collection technique and why it was appropriate as well as why the sample size was best.
1. Submit the data collected by submitting the SPSS data file with your submission.
1. Find the Correlation coefficient for each of the possible pairings of variables and describe the relationship in terms of strength and direction.
1. Find a linear model of the relationship between the three (or more) variables of interest. Identify the predictor variables and the criterion variable.
1. Provide an output of the SPSS results and interpret the results using correct APA style.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies: 3.1: Interpret psychological phenomena using scientific reasoning