Assessment 1 Guiding Questions
Executive Brief: Proposal of New Economic Opportunity
This document is designed to give you questions to consider and additional guidance to help you successfully complete the Executive Brief: Proposal of a New Economic Opportunity assignment. You may find it useful to use this document as a pre-writing exercise or as a final check to ensure that you have sufficiently addressed all the grading criteria for this assignment. This document is a resource to help you complete the assignment. Do not turn in this document as your assignment submission.
Propose an economic initiative that presents an opportunity for your care setting at both the micro (departmental, neighborhood) and macro (organizational, community) levels, and that you believe will provide ethical and culturally equitable improvements to the quality of care.
Note: While your proposal should seek to affect the economics of your care setting at both a micro and a macro level, it will likely only be maintained at one level once it is implemented. For example, adding a new advanced imaging service may add economic benefit for the unit that houses it and the overall revenue of the organization. However, the actual imaging unit will be maintained at the micro, or departmental, level.
· Did you describe the service line or economic initiative that you are proposing?
· Did you explain why your proposal presents an economic opportunity at the micro level (such as the departmental level)?
· Did you explain why your proposal presents an economic opportunity at the macro level (such as the organizational or community level)?
· Did you explain how your proposed initiative is ethical and culturally equitable?
· Did you explain how or why this economic initiative will result in improvements in the quality of care?
Analyze the supply and demand for your proposed economic initiative within contexts relevant to your care setting.
· What do the economic and demographic data suggest is supply for your proposed initiative in the surrounding environment?
· What do the economic and demographic data suggest is the demand for your proposed initiative in the surrounding environment?
Explain relevant economic and environmental data that support your proposal and analysis.
· How does the relevant economic data (sector growth, supply versus demand, cost versus reimbursement, et cetera) illustrate a potential opportunity for your care setting related to your proposal?
· How does this data illustrate the potential economic viability of your proposed initiative?
Communicate your economic proposal in a logically structured and concise manner, writing content clearly with correct use of grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
· Is your executive summary logically structured?
· Is your executive summary 2–4 double-spaced pages?
· Is your writing clear and free from errors?
Effectively support your proposal with relevant economic data and scholarly sources, correctly formatting citations and references using current APA style.
· Did you cite 3–5 sources that provided economic, environmental, or scholarly support of your proposal and analysis?
· Did you use a combination of quantitative and qualitative evidence?
· Did you format your citations according to current APA style?