Stuck with a difficult assignment? No time to get your paper done? Feeling confused? If you’re looking for reliable and timely help for assignments, you’ve come to the right place. We promise 100% original, plagiarism-free papers custom-written for you. Yes, we write every assignment from scratch and it’s solely custom-made for you.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Promoting CQI Efforts
Prior to beginning work on this discussion, read chapters 1 and 2 in the textbook and review the following resources:
- The Six Domains of Healthcare Quality (Links to an external site.)
- How to Improve (Links to an external site.)
The Institute of Medicine (IOM) developed six specific aims to ensure the delivery and improvement of health care. In the first portion of your initial post, you will
- Choose two from the six aims: safe, effective, patient-centered, timely, efficient, and equitable.
- For each of the two aims you chose, briefly discuss the implications of each aim on the delivery of quality care.
After reviewing the information about the Plan-Do-Study-Act (PDSA) model on the Institute for Health Care Improvement’s How to Improve (Links to an external site.) webpage, select one of the aims you addressed above and address the following regarding that aim in a health care organization such as a hospital, physician’s office, community health service (e.g., mental health, meals-on-wheels, Planned Parenthood, etc.), or your local health department:
Discuss how the aim can be met in the health care organization.
- Include one or more specific change(s) that can be made that will result in improvement.
- Discuss how you will know that a change is an improvement.
- Identify the personnel to include on a team that would develop the action plan for improvement.
Your initial post must be a minimum of 300 words and utilize at least one scholarly source from the University of Arizona Global Campus Library as well as the course text. The Research, Keywords, Databases: An Overview (Links to an external site.) video tutorial is available in your online classroom to help you become more familiar with the library database search features and how to generate keywords. Sources must be cited in APA format as outlined in the Writing Center’s Introduction to APA (Links to an external site.).