Stuck with a difficult assignment? No time to get your paper done? Feeling confused? If you’re looking for reliable and timely help for assignments, you’ve come to the right place. We promise 100% original, plagiarism-free papers custom-written for you. Yes, we write every assignment from scratch and it’s solely custom-made for you.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Problem Solving and Appreciative Inquiry
• Application: Problem Solving and Appreciative Inquiry
Organizational acumen includes the means and methods by which problems are identified and solved. Traditional problem solving relies on a diagnostic model that starts with the question “What is
wrong?” On the other hand, appreciative inquiry, much like positive psychology, is a methodology that starts by asking “What is right?” and focuses on the strengths of organizations rather than on
the weaknesses. For this Application, you will consider some of the differences between problem solving and appreciative inquiry. Then you will apply appreciative inquiry to a problem or issue that
occurred in an organization for which you work or have worked.
To prepare for this assignment:
• Review the articles “Appreciative Inquiry: Accentuating the Positive,” “Appreciative Inquiry: Trends and Issues Alert,” “What Is Appreciative Inquiry?,” and “Basic Guidelines to Problem Solving
and Decision Making.”
• Think about how appreciative inquiry differs from problem solving.
• Identify an organization for which you work or have worked. Think of an issue or problem that occurred within the organization.
• Consider how you might use appreciative inquiry to address the issue or problem and develop a solution.
The assignment: (1-2 pages)
• Analyze the differences between appreciative inquiry and problem solving.
• Briefly describe an organization for which you work or have worked.
• Describe a problem or issue that occurred within the organization.
• Explain how you might use appreciative inquiry to address the problem or issue and develop a solution.
I was a Program Coordinator for an outreach program for Dallas County Juvenile Department in Dallas, Texas. Assist in coordinating activities of program with interrelated activities of other
programs. Assist with the planning and coordinating of day-to-day fiscal, administrative and operational activities for a defined funded program or project to ensure that goals and objectives are
accomplished in accordance with established priorities, time limitations, funding limitations or other specifications.