Stuck with a difficult assignment? No time to get your paper done? Feeling confused? If you’re looking for reliable and timely help for assignments, you’ve come to the right place. We promise 100% original, plagiarism-free papers custom-written for you. Yes, we write every assignment from scratch and it’s solely custom-made for you.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
PART ONE/-20% OV/VERIFIABLE REFERENCES
write 600–800 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Your team attends a trade conference on the subject of globalization. They have attended several seminars both advocating and dismissing implementing a global strategy. You return to the office and share some of what you have learned with the team.
“Globalization is a very interesting topic and can get very heated,” you explain. “There are some countries and companies who are fiercely loyal to their homes and would not consider going global. Others see it as a benefit to the company and their customers. Some people here in the states believe that American-made is best because we are contributing to our home country. But, is it? Is it always best to stay domestic? How does this impact pricing? Are you truly helping?”
As your team ponders these questions, you start to think about your position on the topic. Complete the following:
- Are you for or against globalization?
- Is your recommendation for your company to go global? Why or why not?
- How does globalization impact the marketplace as a whole?
- Has your opinion changed from the beginning of the course to now?
PART TWO/2-3 PAGES
Your work on your strategic global marketing plan is complete. You now have a plan that will implement, manage, and support a global strategy, but it is far from organized. You e-mail Deborah to inform her that you are almost ready and that the initial planning is complete. A little while later, the phone rings and you see Deborah’s name on the caller ID.
“Hi, Deborah. What’s up?” you ask.
“I’d like you to present to the advisory board next week,” Deborah says. “They are very curious about your findings and would like to know if globalization is a good opportunity for the company. The board wants to finalize their strategic plan, and this may be a key part of it.”
After you hang up, you begin thinking through the different items that you will need to cover.
As you finalize the marketing plan, complete the following:
- Is globalization a good move for the company?
- What is your rationale behind this decision? Synthesize analysis conducted in previous units, including strategic considerations, cultural considerations, competitive analysis and balanced scorecard.
- What geographic location should be a target for global expansion?
- What background information can you provide to support this decision?
- How will this decision support the overall goal of growth and expansion?
- How would you refute someone with the opposing perspective?