Stuck with a difficult assignment? No time to get your paper done? Feeling confused? If you’re looking for reliable and timely help for assignments, you’ve come to the right place. We promise 100% original, plagiarism-free papers custom-written for you. Yes, we write every assignment from scratch and it’s solely custom-made for you.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Orlando Theory Critique
Ida Jean Orlando 1926-
Theory of the Nursing Process Discipline
Orlando’s theory was developed in the late 1950s from observations she recorded between a nurse and patient. Despite her efforts, she was only able to categorize the records as “good” or “bad” nursing. It then dawned on her that both the formulations for “good” and “bad” nursing were contained in the records. From these observations, she formulated the deliberative nursing process. The role of the nurse is to find out and meet the patient’s immediate need for help. The patient’s presenting behaviour may be a plea for help, however, the help needed may not be what it appears to be. Therefore, nurses need to use their perception, thoughts about the perception, or the feeling engendered from their thoughts to explore with patients the meaning of their behaviour. This process helps the nurse find out the nature of the distress and what help the patient needs. Orlando’s theory remains one the of the most effective practice theories available.
Guidelines and heading of the term paper:
– Describe the main ideas of the theory
– Provide a diagram including all concepts.
III. Origins of the theory
– Theorist motivation in making the theory
– Understanding of the metaparadigm applied in the theory
– Provide a concrete example where the theory has been utilized
– Does the theory been tested? Cite specific examples to support.
VII. Overall Evaluation
– Provide strength, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) analysis
– How the theory lead into action
– Significance of the theory to nursing practice, nursing education, and nursing administration
– Time value (when is this theory be utilized?)
My coursework will explain and criticize (Orlando’s theory) and discuss these points:
• The introduction and analysis of Orlando’s nursing theory
• Major assumptions
• The dynamic nurse-patient relationship: Function, process and principles.
• 5 Stages of the Deliberative Nursing Process
• The nursing metaparadigm (concepts): Orlando only included three in her theory of Nursing Process Discipline: person, health, and nursing.
• The discipline and teaching of nursing process
• Action process of nurse administrators to problematic situations based on Orlando’s theory
• Follow the guidelines of the term paper
• Parker, M. E.,Nursing theories and Nursing Practice. F.A. Davis Company. Philadelphia
+ at least 15 references