Stuck with a difficult assignment? No time to get your paper done? Feeling confused? If you’re looking for reliable and timely help for assignments, you’ve come to the right place. We promise 100% original, plagiarism-free papers custom-written for you. Yes, we write every assignment from scratch and it’s solely custom-made for you.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
MSN degree APA format 1and half pages long with 3 references and 1 from walden university library. Due March 6, 2019 at 8pm EST
Discussion: The Impact of ExDiscussion: The Impact of External Factorsternal Factors
Consider the following scenario:
Linda has been a nurse educator at LiveWell Medical Center for about 3 years. Since taking over the position, she has received many accolades for the new evidence-based practices she has shared in nurse trainings. Linda is now looking to turn her attention to patient education. She hopes to initiate bimonthly sessions that will help current and recently discharged patients to better manage their health and/or cope with difficult health issues. At Linda’s next meeting with LiveWell’s board of trustees, she confidently shares her proposal for this new program. At once, she is taken aback at their dismissive responses. “That sounds great Linda, but we simply do not have time to implement something of that caliber here. And how do you know if patients would even be interested in such a service?”
Over the next hour, Linda contemplates these comments and realizes that, despite her best intentions, there was some truth to their remarks. Linda had initially been inspired to create this program after reading about a large rehabilitation center in San Antonio, Texas. The center had revolutionized their outpatient process, helping to demonstrate strong commitment to the community. Though it worked well in San Antonio, Linda had not conducted any preliminary research to learn if it could be effective in their small town of Pinedale, Wyoming.
What external factors should Linda have investigated before trying to develop such a program? In addition, how could these factors continue to impact her program if the LiveWell board of trustees approves her idea?
- Review this week’s readings, specifically Chapter 3, “Needs Assessment: The External and Internal Frame Factors” (pp. 46-54), in the Keating text and Chapter 5, “Forces and Issues Influencing Curriculum Development,” in the Billings course text. Reflect on the various external factors that can impact the way curriculum is developed, assessed, and evaluated. Then, consider whether certain factors influence institutions (academic settings) more or less than they do agencies (clinical settings).
Select one external factor from the following list to further explore for your Discussion posting:
- Population demographics and trends
- Political climate and body politic
- Societal patterns
- Health care system and health needs of the population
- Characteristics of the setting
- Need for the program
- Nursing profession
- Financial support
- Consider how this factor might impact curriculum development, assessment, and evaluation in your own academic or clinical setting or in one with which you are familiar. In addition, conduct research to explore how this factor might impact nursing education as a whole. Discussion: The Impact of External Factors
Discussion: The Impact of External Factors