Stuck with a difficult assignment? No time to get your paper done? Feeling confused? If you’re looking for reliable and timely help for assignments, you’ve come to the right place. We promise 100% original, plagiarism-free papers custom-written for you. Yes, we write every assignment from scratch and it’s solely custom-made for you.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
View the attached document for all questions
The heroâ€™s quest is one type of archetypal plot. Certain elements appear in all quest tales. Which element of the heroâ€™s quest from â€œA Worn Pathâ€ is represented by the attendant giving Phoenix a nickel, which she plans to use to buy a gift for her grandson?
a. The hero receives a benefit that is used to help others. b. The hero encounters tests and obstacles.
c. The hero is on a quest to obtain something of value.
In which line from the poem â€œChicagoâ€ does Sandburg use the literary device apostrophe?
a. â€œI have seen the gunman kill and go free to kill again.â€
b. â€œUnder the smoke, dust all over his mouth, laughing with white teethâ€ c. â€œAnd they tell me you are crooked and I answer: Yes, it is trueâ€
Which of the following lines from Letter from Birmingham City Jail contain part of a parallel construction that begins â€œI have no despair about the futureâ€?
- â€œ Iâ€™m sorry I canâ€™t join you in your praise.â€
- â€œI have no fear about the outcome of our struggle.â€
- â€œBefore the Pilgrims landed, we were here.â€
Classic heroâ€™s quest tales create one type of archetypal plot. All quest tales share similar elements. Which element is represented by Phoenix joking about dancing with the scarecrow?
a. The hero overcomes tests and obstacles.
b. The hero encounters tests and obstacles.
c. The hero receives a benefit that is used to help others.
In â€œFilling Station,â€ the â€œsomebodyâ€ of the poem is an individual who adds what to the life of the station?
a. manual labor on a par with the father and sons b. cooking and cleaning and household errands c. small touches of beauty and caring
True or False: The poem â€œOne Artâ€ is a ballad, a highly structured poem consisting of nineteen lines, two repeating rhymes, and two refrains.
In â€œConstantly Risking Absurdity,â€ Ferlinghetti includes an extended metaphor comparing the poet to a(n)
True or False: Robert Frost is remembered as an urban poet, while Carl Sandburg commonly favored pastoral settings in his poetry.
The reason that Feld starts to relax his feelings toward Sobel at the end of â€œThe First Seven Yearsâ€ is that
- Sobel is just like him.
- Sobel is only interested in working for more money.
- Sobel deeply loves his daughter.
What is happening in the following passage from â€œChicagoâ€? â€œHog Butcher for the World / Tool Maker, Stacker of Wheat, / Player with Railroads and the Nationâ€™s Freight Handler; / Stormy, husky, brawling, / City of the Big Shoulders:â€
- The narrator is making a wish list for Chicago.
- The narrator is addressing Chicago by its various nicknames
- The narrator is criticizing Chicago for its bad deeds.
What examples from Letter from Birmingham City Jail does King cite to support the main idea that the Birmingham police department did not deserve praise?
- They have been disciplined in their public handling of the demonstrations.
- They pushed, cursed, and used violent dogs against African Americans.
- They were successful at keeping order while African Americans protested.
The line â€œ . . . his figure formed a crooked cross,â€ from â€œThe Life You Save May Be Your Own,â€ contains which type of literary device?
What can you infer that Feldâ€™s epiphany in â€œThe First Seven Yearsâ€ helps him to realize?
- Miriam will make her own choices about her life.
- His dreams of Miriam marrying Max will come true.
- Education is not as important as love.
What might a reader infer about the old womanâ€™s feelings from this line in â€œThe Life You Save May Be Your Ownâ€? â€œThe old woman watched from a distance, secretly pleased. She was ravenous for a son-in-law.â€
- She has only the best interests of her daughter in mind.
- She wants Mr. Shiflet to marry her daughter.
- She plans to fall in love with Mr. Shiflet.
A quest tale follows a certain pattern as it develops one type of archetypal plot. In â€œA Worn Pathâ€ which element of the heroâ€™s quest is represented by Phoenix needing some medicine for her grandson?
- The hero receives a benefit that is used to help others.
- The heroâ€™s journey symbolizes the journey through life.
- The hero is on a quest to obtain something of value.
Gabriel treats John more severely than the other children in â€œThe Rockpileâ€ because
- John disobeys more than the others.
- John is not his biological child.
- John needs to be taught to be careful.