Stuck with a difficult assignment? No time to get your paper done? Feeling confused? If you’re looking for reliable and timely help for assignments, you’ve come to the right place. We promise 100% original, plagiarism-free papers custom-written for you. Yes, we write every assignment from scratch and it’s solely custom-made for you.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Two separate parts! each section max 150 words
(Please note all content, laws and legislations must be regarding Australia only)
Part 1 (150 Words for this answer)
Donoghue v Stevenson was a foundation case in the law of negligence and has been relied on to this day, including in:
Brookfield Multiplex Ltd v Owners Corporation Strata Plan 6128
Read Brookfield – just the judgements of French CJ and Hayne & Kiefel JJ – and in your answer cover the following points:
- a very brief description of the factual background (2 or 3 sentences)
- the legal issue in question as it relates to negligence/tort (ignore other issues)
- how did the Court rely on Donoghue v Stevenson, i.e. was a particular principle of D v S mentioned?
- did the Court expand on D v S, and if so, how?
You can find this case on Austlii.edu.au
Part 2 (150 Words for this answer)
This question is about statutory Interpretation – intrinsic and extrinsic materials
1. What is the difference between extrinsic and intrinsic material for the purposes of statutory interpretation?
Find the relevant legislative provisions in the interpretation Act that deal with both types of material.
2. In your view, could the following be used as extrinsic material in interpreting legislation:
- Ministerial media release about a policy
- Law Reform Commission report which led to enactment of the legislation in question
Please no plagiarism! if any sites used please reference