Stuck with a difficult assignment? No time to get your paper done? Feeling confused? If you’re looking for reliable and timely help for assignments, you’ve come to the right place. We promise 100% original, plagiarism-free papers custom-written for you. Yes, we write every assignment from scratch and it’s solely custom-made for you.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Prior to beginning this discussion, please read the following required articles based on your last name *prior to posting:
*All articles should be read prior to posting to your peers’ posts.
- A-M: “Language Acquisition Socialization: Sociocognitive and Complexity Theory Perspectives (Links to an external site.)” and “The Cultural-Historical Foundations of the Zone of Proximal Development (Links to an external site.)”
- N-S: “Acquisition, Learning, or Development of Language? Skinner’s ‘Verbal Behavior’ Revisited Download Acquisition, Learning, or Development of Language? Skinner’s ‘Verbal Behavior’ Revisited” and “Self-Determination, Self-Regulation, and the Brain: Autonomy Improves Performance by Enhancing Neuroaffective Responsiveness to Self-Regulation Failure (Links to an external site.)”
- T-Z: “Linguistic Variation and Micro-Cues in First Language Acquisition (Links to an external site.)” and “The Learning Brain: Lessons for Education: A Précis (Links to an external site.).”
This week you are developing your understanding of language acquisition and how theories can support the differing aspects of this acquisition.
In your initial post,
- Apply skeptical inquiry to a brief discussion about why language acquisition is an important area for scholars and educators to understand when developing learning opportunities.
- Choose and define three new vocabulary terms from the week’s readings and explain your interest in these concepts.
- Discuss how additional factors [Zone of Proximal Development (A-M), self-regulation (N-S), and neuroscience (T-Z)] might affect language acquisition.
- Apply the concept of language acquisition to your own academic success. Has your own language development affected your success as a student? As an employee? How? Based on the resources and your current knowledge, do you believe you could develop areas of language acquisition, personally, that would be beneficial to you, your loved ones, or your friends?
Your initial post should be at least 500 words in length and thoroughly discuss each of the elements in the prompt.