3 different quiz 3 answer each 1 paragraph
For this discussion, I would like you to consider the quote below:
“Vertical thinkers take the most reasonable view of a situation and then proceed logically and carefully to work it out. Lateral thinkers tend to explore all the different ways of looking at something, rather than accepting the most promising and proceeding from that.”
—Edward de Bono, New Think
In addition, think about what ‘justice’ and ‘ethics’ really mean as defined below:
jus·tice n. (Dictionary.com)
The quality of being just; fairness.
The principle of moral rightness; equity. Conformity to moral rightness in action or attitude.
eth·ic n. (Dictionary.com)
A set of principles of right conduct. A theory or a system of moral values: “An ethic of service is at war with a craving for gain” (Gregg Easterbrook).
ethics (used with a sing. verb) The study of the general nature of morals and of the specific moral choices to be made by a person; moral philosophy.
Please respond to the following questions, provide a minimum of 1 paragraph for each:
1. What do you think the quote means?
- What governs ethical behavior?
- How do we decide on an ethical course of action?
2. This week you were asked to read Hughes’s Democracy (515) and Wright’s excerpt from Black Boy(555 560), explain how the situation Wright describes illustrates Hughes’s words “compromise and fear.”
3. Furthermore, what correlation could you make regarding ethics, power and responsibility? Whatconnection can you argue between the two readings?