Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
- Read selected sections of Nelson, J. A. P., Young, B. J., Young, E. J., & Cox, G. (2010). Using teacher written praise notes to promote a positive environment in a middle school. Preventing School Failure, 54(2), 119 125. You should read the Abstract, Introduction, Participants and Setting, Procedure, Measures (paragraph 1 only), Data Analysis (paragraph 1 only), Results (paragraph 1 only), and Discussion (paragraph 1 and 2 only).
In an essay of 250 500 words, use the scenario presented in part 1a, above, to answer the following questions:
- What statistical test was used in Nelson et al., (2010)?
- Did the authors use the correct statistical test? In other words, what was their rationale for using this test (i.e., were the variables discrete or continuous and was the test appropriate for this type of data?)
- What was the research question? How did the statistical test address and answer the research question?
- How did the authors interpret the results of this study?
Review the SPSS output file which reports the results of the correlation to see if there is a correlation between the cost of beer and the number of calories it contains or the cost of beer and the volume of alcohol it contains. Answer the following questions based on your observations of the SPSS output file:
Based on the correlation coefficients (r values) that were computed and their statistical significance, what conclusions do you draw regarding
- The researcher’s question of correlation between the cost of beer and the number of calories it contains?
- The researcher’s question of correlation between the cost of beer and the volume of alcohol it contains?