1. What does Nietzsche mean he says that passions “drag down their victim” (para. 1)? he means that the urge to have sex, or the sexual desires, of a person. He goes on to say that we shouldnt kill the passions, but just control them.
2. Why does he claim there is a war on the passions?
3. Why does Nietzsche make several references to stupidity in the opening paragraph? Stupidity was the reason for Christianity to ban passion completely.
4. Is there such a thing as a spiritualization of passion?
5. Why does Nietzsche consider moderation an important quality?
6. In what sense is love a spiritualization of sensuality?
7. What is “the internal enemy” (para. 6)? “the internal enemy” was a phrase used by some Americans to speak of slaves, especially during times of war.
8. Is there such a thing as “healthy morality” (para. 8)?
9. What is Nietzsche’s view of the Ten Commandments?